Saturday, March 29, 2014

Introdamnduction

Hello kind reader:

For years, I have polluted the internet information highway and server space on several websites with various offerings of nonsense, mostly reviews. I have a hot sauce blog (d-dubisyourhero.blogspot.com) and a bunch of reviews on Yelp (http://d-dub.yelp.com/). I also write a variety of other things and sometimes get paid for them, which is not the case with this blog and as I have several things pending that are somewhat time-consuming, this also seems somewhat of a stall. Ah well, I suppose that is the one thing writers are best at...

Anyway, back in last year (2013), my wife decided she would like to pursue creating her own food website. So thusly, she choseth a domain name, which was open and registered it and then got stymied by whatever HTML editor software (or whatever it was she was using) and the site got abandoned some weeks later and remains so as of this writing. So goes plans de la grandiose.

None of that is important to you, of course, but where it ties in is that I was going to provide some content in the form of writing a wine blog (the HSC, which you see now titled before you) and various other articles as the whim struck me. The wine I was going to write about was not in the form of reviews (I have more than enough of those already and writing about wine over and over in the context of "it didn't strike me" or "wasn't what I was looking for" or "not only didn't hit the spot, but was way too far wide of the mark" is remarkably unappealing).  What I have done is compile a list (I do that -- a lot). For my wine list, with very few exceptions, the idea is that the wine be available for $20 or under (because at that price point, it can be a challenge and I seem to like those also) and also be something I like well enough to buy repeatedly. The list is now fairly extensive, though mostly reds. The column for my wife's site was going to be me discussing those wines and various other artifacts that I wanted to add to the general commentary, the idea being not only to point people to good wine at a generally good price, but also to make that world (though I profess to be no expert) accessible.

I have currently well over a years worth of those columns and with her website on indefinite hiatus, I've decided to start posting them here until such time (IF such time) that other website comes back online. When it does, I'll update here with the finale for this blog. I will post the introductory column I wrote for that other column following this one, but there will be some changes to what I post here vs. what it was like briefly on the other site and what it will be like if it ever comes back.

Specifically, this blog will not have photos. That one will. That one will also feature different (and in some cases, expanded) commentary. In other words, longer posts. Since a lot of that content is directed specifically to that site, you won't miss it, I promise. In fact, in a way, all of the posts will be new for this blog, but most have never been posted anywhere before. Outside of that, the pertinent info is here and you will have a good running start to build your own wine list.  I'm not planning on posting any of the feature articles here though, unless the blog really takes off and there is demand. I think this is much more useful as a reference.

Cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment